WasteLine Kids' Corner Answers
In the latest version of WasteLine (now available to download) we posed a couple of challenges for our younger readers in the Kids’ Corner.
If you’re wracking your brains for answers, don’t worry, help is at hand!
Waste Buster Questions
1. What are the ‘3Rs’?
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
2. Can you recycle waste from your bedroom or bathroom?
3. Can sweet tins be recycled?
4. On average, how much of your family’s waste comes from the garden and leftover food?
5. What does EfW stand for?
Energy from Waste
6. Can shampoo bottles be recycled?
7. What happens at a MRF?
A ‘MRF’ is a Materials Recycling Facility where recycled material is sorted before it is sent on to be turned into new products
8. What can grass be recycled into?
Spot the Difference
1. The colour of the basin has switched from yellow to pink
2. Belfast City Council’s logo is missing from the middle banner
3. The school boy’s shirt has changed from yellow to grey
4. The green felt tip on the desk has turned yellow
5. A bit of paper in the bottom left hand corner has disappeared