COP26 will focus on Governments’ Response to the Climate Crisis, but we all have our part to play
12 October 2021
- 51% of people recycling using local collection services in February 2021 (73% in December 2019)
- 36% of people avoiding single-use plastic items in February 2021 (61% in December 2019)
- 43% of people giving unwanted items to charity shops as opposed to disposing of these items in February 2021 (67% in December 2019)
- 26% of people reducing how often they use their car in February 2021 (34% in December 2019)
- Secure global net zero by mid-century and keep 1.5 degrees within reach – The UN is asking countries to come forward with ambitious 2030 emissions reductions targets that align with reaching net zero by 2050.
- Adapt to protect communities and natural habitats – The UN is asking countries to work together to protect and restore ecosystems.
- Mobilise finance – The UN is asking developed countries to mobilise at least $100 billion in climate finance per year.
- Work together to deliver – The UN believes countries must work together to rise to the challenges posed by the climate crisis.